User Registration with PHP and MySQL
User Registration Form
In this lesson, we are going to learn how to create an user registration form in a PHP file.
The HTML registration form is later be used to submit data into the
In this lesson, we are going to learn:
- How to create User Registration Form
- We will review required form fields to register a user
In order to create a user registration in a PHP application, we have to create an HTML form. The form is responsible for providing allowing a user to submit required for the registration information. The information that we are going to process is the following:
- Confirm Password
Both Username and Password are going to be used by a user to login into the application. An email is used to send the confirmation email to the user so the registration can be confirmed when the user hits the confirmation link.
This is our initial HTML markup for the
<html lang="en"> <head> <title>User Registration</title> </head> <body> <h1>Register</h1> </body> </html>
After the lesson you should have the
register.php script as follow:
<html lang="en"> <head> <title>User Registration</title> </head> <body> <h1>Register</h1> <form action="signup.php" method="POST"> Username: <input type="text" name="username" /><br /> Email: <input type="text" name="email" /><br /> Password: <input type="text" name="password" /><br /> Confirm password: <input type="text" name="password_confirm" /><br /> <input type="submit" value="Register" /> </form> </body> </html>
As a result, in the browser we should see something similar to the below Registration form.
In the next lesson, we are going to create the
signup.php script in order to process the submitted user data from the user registration form, that we created in the current lesson.
- 2. Form Validation05min
- 3. Creating users database table03min
- 4. Connecting to a Database via PHP PDO class03min
- 5. Creating Flush Messages with Session05min
- 6. Adding New User into Database Table04min
- 7. Verifying if an user exists in the database04min
- 8. Generating Registration Token04min
- 9. Sending User Registration Email05min
- 10. Using Temporary Email Service02min
- 11. Confirming User Registration07min
- 12. Adjusting Login Logic04min
- 13. Testing User Registration07min
- 14. Next Steps02min