I've decided to challenge me for the next 100 days and learn Magento 2. In this post, I would like to share my experience with the #100DaysOfMagento challenge that I started today.
My motivation to start the #100DaysOfMagento came yesterday when I thought about the way to share my experience while learning. I was browsing twitter and noticed the #100DaysOfGatsby tweets. What impressed me is that there are hundreds of developers who share a learning experience with GatsbyJS. I couldn't sleep while the idea to start the Magento version of the challenge was growing in my head.
The idea is simple, but at the same time hard to execute if you think about. For the next 100 days I am planning to allocate at least one hour per day to learn some new thing about Magento 2. In my case this is about development, however it is not strict to developers only. Anyone can join and learn Magento 2.
There are rules to follow:
- You should find 1 hour a day to learn Magento 2. It can be from a simple documentation to an website launch.
- Share your progress on daily basis over the Twitter. So other can support you and motivate.
- Use #100DaysOfMagento Twitter hash tag.
Here is the video with my explanation of rules and how I am planning to do this.
Do you want to challenge yourself?
There is no start date for this challenge. If you are ready to challenge yourself, whether it is today or in a week, just do it.
There are developers who decided to join me on the first day on Twitter.
Are you ready to join #100DaysOfMagento?
My Day 0 task
I decided to install Magento 2.3.4 Open Source new release on my local environment and see the new modules and possible critical code changes in the existing ones. It appeared, that during video creation earlier today I've received an email with Magento 2.3.4 Commerce only release. So this is kind of a change in plans.
In any case, what holds me to check the Magento 2.3.4 release?
Magento 2.3.4 Commerce comes with 3 major feature highlights:
- Page Builder Upgrades. The new version allows to provide a better control over the content types, merchandising, templates etc.
- Adobe Stock Integration. Magento Admin users can now browse and use images from Adobe Stock directly from the Admin panel.
- Live Chat by dotdigital. A live chat feature from dotdigital to enable merchants to increase conversion rates.
The thing with the 2.3.4 Commerce installation is that the version is not available for download. Only Magento 2.3.3 Commerce is currently available. Even though, the email says that it is available.
I might not have access with my current Magento ID. This is what I think might be an issue.
And this concludes my day 0 of #100DaysOfMagento challenge. I might write from time to time about my progress here, but the primary activity is going to be on Twitter. So make sure to check it out.